Friday, October 8, 2010

Veggie Pasta

I found this recipe in my attempt to pack a smart lunch box for my daughter. She asked me to make 'pasta'. The first thing that crossed my mind was Pasta with Marinara sauce and Macaroni & Cheese. This time I wanted to make something different with a healthy choice of veggies and gave a shot at making this delicious pasta.



















Ingredients
Pasta of your choice - 1 1/2 cups
( I used Barilla's Penne Pasta)
Chopped Onion - 3/4 cup
Tomato diced - 1 cup
Mushrooms sliced - 1/2 cup
Spinach chopped - 1 cup
Chopped garlic - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
All purpose flour - 2 tsp
Milk - 1 cup
Grated cheese - 3 tbsp
Dried Oregano - 1/2 tsp
Dried Parsley - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste

Preparation
1. Cook pasta by adding 3 cups of water. The pasta should boil in 8 - 12 min on high flame. Add some salt while boiling. Drain and keep aside
2. Melt butter in a pan and add onions to it. Saute for few minutes and stir in garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and salt and saute again.
3. Mix flour and fry for sometime. Add milk and pepper powder and allow it to boil till it reaches a thick consistency.
4. Throw in pasta, cheese and herbs - oregano and parsley, simmer for few more minutes and remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment